Friday 30 March 2012

Baisers volés - François Truffaut (1968)

I expected this to be a drama... I was surprised it was a lighthearted comedy! Instead of feeling sorry for his character he makes fun of him, taking the best out of his funny nature.

I was also surprised it was colour, it looks nice. The camera is nice. The editing... has strange things, but I liked it. Maybe the cuts are a little bold but I like it that way (I am really not sure who else notices cuts).

Antoine Doinel is older, he's not the rebel boy any more. He tries to be as normal as everyone else is... though he's a little dodgy. I think Jean-Pierre Léaud does a great job: he's comic without exaggerating, Antoine is a little confused and out of place but it doesn't really matter to him.As I saw the film I couldn't help but think about Truffaut himself, and really he couldn't have found an actor who looked more like him (even the hair!)

Baisers Volés

No comments:

Post a Comment